Who is Susan Christy?
Author, Consultant, Speaker, Trainer
Susan's natural teaching ability, genuine warmth and knowledge of the subject matter contributed to the success of the program.
Janyce Wilborn, HR Manager
Aetna Health Plans, Concord, CA
My years of experience in business, teaching and research give my work depth, flexibility and creativity. Throughout my teaching and consulting career, I have consistently helped others explore these questions:
- How can we inspire responsibility, participation and creativity in others?
- How can we work together to get the job done?
- How can we become more aware of ourselves and our impact on others?
- How can we build relationships that are genuinely good for everyone involved?
Clients say that I am one of those rare, inspiring, practical consultants who seems to know what participants need. Why is 94% of my work repeat business? It's my hard work, responsiveness to clients and commitment to results. I love what I do.
A consistent response to my Supervisor Training is, "This is the way we want to be managed. Please give this training to our managers."
Here are a few highlights about me:
My work experience on human empowerment and community values has taken many forms over the years:
- The first ever comprehensive approach, book and training for building strong staff-faculty relationships
- Author of Working Effectively with Faculty: Guidebook for Higher Education Staff and Managers
- Organizational development / management consultant
- Workshop leader, training designer
- Professional speaker
- Management coach
- Corporate vice president - HighGain, Inc.
- TV talk-show host - REACHing the Disabled
- Tenured Psychology professor - Asnuntuck College, Enfield, CT
- Faculty Advisor - Women's Center, Disability Program
- Volunteer counselor and group leader - Center for Attitudinal Healing
- Volunteer - Marin County Juvenile Hall
- Volunteer counselor - Planned Parenthood
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology - My dissertation research is on self-esteem.
- MA in Psychology - Thesis: A Consideration of Organizational Problems
- National Speakers Association
- Institute of Management Consultants
- California College Teaching Credentials in Business and Psychology
- Higher education (culture, structure, and changes) and staff-faculty relationships
- Adult learning and potential, collaboration, communication
- How to focus on tasks AND build healthy relationships within organizations
- The practical application of psychology to organizations and teams
Staff particularly enjoyed the informal, interactive style of your presentation. I very much appreciate your flexibility in shifting the focus of discussion to particular work situations brought up. You gave us some ideas and strategies to think about!
Lydia Durugin, Dept. of Urology
UC San Francisco
Who is Susan Christy?
Personal: Family Member, Friend, Nature Lover, Community Volunteer